Why Feed Winter Support?
This powerful blend of natural herbs has been formulated to help horses thrive during the colder months. Our blend contains fantastic ingredients such as linseed, Seaweed, Echinacea, Garlic, Marigold & Brewers Yeast, all of which are packed full of essential fatty & amino acids as well as vitamins & minerals that help to promote good keratin production, overall immune support, help with cell regeneration as well as supporting regrowth of hair and skin. Our Winter Support blend also contains herbs that are great for supporting the respiratory system as well as ingredients that promote a healthy, calm digestive tract.
What Herbs & Why?
On a bed of Micronised Linseed Meal we add Fenugreek, Seaweed, Marigold, Spearmint, Cleavers, Rosehip Shells, Echinacea, Garlic Powder & Brewers Yeast in this blend, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Winter Support
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 50g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 100g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Winter Support, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.