Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.012 per day
Why Feed Marigold Flowers?
Marigold or Calendula Flowers are rich in sulphur, making them a great natural blood tonic. It is also known as the supreme skin herb and is used extensively throughout the world to support the skin and skin health. Marigold can act as a calmer for fretful horses and also as a digestive calmer, making it a great natural choice for keeping your horse healthy.
We also offer Marigold Flowers as a powder as a powder
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Marigold Flowers, nothing else is added or taken away.
How to feed marigold flowers to your horse
Marigold Flowers product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Marigold, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.