Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.10 per day
Why Feed Fenugreek Seeds?
Fenugreek is from the same family as alfalfa with a bitter, pungent taste and sweet smell. Traditionally it was used to help increase the weight of horses and cattle, it can also help increase milk production. It can help with digestive support, skin & coat condition as well as stimulating the appetite. Fenugreek is particularly effective when combined with garlic, as both these herbs compliment each other, helping to release all their potency.
We also offer this supplement as a powder
What's in the Bag?
We use 100% Natural Fenugreek Seeds, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Fenugreek Seeds
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
do not feed to pregnant mares
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Fenugreek Seeds, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.