Cleavers & Marigold
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.23 per day
Why Feed Cleavers & Marigold?
Cleavers & Marigold are regarded as 'sister herbs' by herbalists meaning these two herbs work synergistically together to enhance each other's actions. Best used to help support the lymphatic & urinary systems, it can also help with filled legs & soft swellings. This blend is ideal for stabled or elderly horses.
What Herbs & Why?
We use Marigold Flowers & Cleavers in this blend, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Cleavers & Marigold
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Cleavers & Marigold, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.