Why Feed Healthy Hoof?
Healthy Hoof is a blend of natural herbs & ingredients that can help promote hoof health including strength, its rich in natural vitamins & minerals which can help aid blood circulation meaning your horses body can repair itself a lot easier! This blend also provides a high level of naturally occurring silica which is vital for your horses bone & connective tissue health.
What Herbs & Why?
We use Seaweed, Rosehips, Nettle & Cleavers in this blend, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Healthy Hoof
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 25g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 50g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Healthy Hoof, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.