Nettle Leaf Cut
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.20 per day
Why Feed Nettle Leaf?
Cut Nettle supports a healthy blood supply, cardiovascular system and circulation thanks to high levels of iron, vitamin C and potassium. It also supports the urinary system, particularly the health of the urinary tract. It also helps manage healthy fluid regulation, flushing chemicals and excess liquids from the body. Nettle also acts as a conditioning supplement, helping to keep coats sleek, support skin and sustain a healthy dappling
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Natural Nettle Leaf, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Nettle Leaf
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Nettle Leaf, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.