The Best Calmer for Nervous Horses?
Our Calming Mix is the best all-natural calmer for nervous horses, reducing their anxiety with nothing but herbs and goodness. This mix was formulated to encourage a calm & relaxed nervous system and to help your horse during stressful times. It is also found to have a positive overall effect on their temperament. A calmer horse is a happier horse!
What Herbs & Why?
We use Chamomile, Vervain, Lemon Balm & Valerian Root in this blend, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Calming Mix
This calmer can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Calming Mix, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your nervous horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down their feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.
Have any questions? Get in contact!