Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.38 per day
Why Feed Vervain?
Vervain is a great Natural supplement to help calm edgy, nervous or over excitable horses. Typically effective on horses that are twitchy, spooky or have sensitive skin or tend to 'jog'. Perfect when paired with chamomile to create a great natural calmer that can be used by all competing horses.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Vervain, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Vervain
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Vervain, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.