Ground Milk Thistle Seeds
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.27 per day
Why Feed Ground Milk Thistle Seeds?
Ground Milk Thistle Seeds are rich in antioxidants and can be used to promote a healthy liver function. Milk thistle will help to support the body’s natural regeneration of new liver cell growth and, as a result, give nutritional support for healthy hooves, healthy skin and the whole immune system.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Pure Milk Thistle Seed Powder, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Ground Milk Thistle Seeds
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Ground Milk Thistle Seeds, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.