Devils Claw Root Cut
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.34 per day
Why Feed Devils Claw Root?
This herbal root is a native plant of most Southern African Countries and been used for centuries to treat various health disorders. Devil's Claw Root is now recommended for horses and ponies that are prone to muscular and joint problems as it contains 'Harpagoside', a naturally occurring compound which is only found in this plant. It is ideal for older horses as it can help maintain flexibility & joint strength.
We also offer this supplement as a powder
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Natural Devils Claw Root, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Devils Claw Root
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed dry, but we would recommend feeding as an infusion in the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Devils Claw Root, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.