Dandelion Leaf - Cut
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.30 per day
Why Feed Dandelion Leaves?
Dandelion Leaf is a much loved treat for horses, hence its nickname 'horse lettuce'. Although we see it as a stubborn weed it can provide a rich source of vitamins & minerals when fed to your horse. This herb is know for its positive effect on both the urinary & digestive systems, it is know to encourage healthy urination, support liver & kidney health and help to maintain regular bowel movements.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Dandelion Leaves, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Dandelion Leaves
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 25g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 50g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Dandelion Leaves, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.