Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.05 per day
Why Feed Bentonite Clay to your horse?
Bentonite Clay has some amazing healing properties, this 100% natural clay is composed of weathered volcanic ash and when used internally it can help to support your horse's intestinal system in the elimination of toxins. This clay is known for its highly absorptive qualities and its ability to bind to and draw out heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides & bacteria, thereby eliminating them from your horses body. As well as being able to help draw out toxins, Bentonite Clay contains a whole host of beneficial minerals & nutrients that can help your horse with the following:
- Absorption of calcium, magnesium & phosphorus, supporting the cells that form new bone
- Supporting enzyme reactions & protein synthesis
- Providing great lubrication in the joints
- Healthy production of collagen
- Help support the immune system
We always recommend feeding Bentonite Clay alongside Psyllium Husk as these herbs support and work together for even better results. Do not feed while taking medication or chemical supplements.
Bentonite Clay can also be used externally by mixing with water to form a poultice and applying to problem areas such as hoof abscesses, leg cuts, these can be soaked and the Clay will help to draw out any bacteria & toxins from the wound.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Bentonite Clay, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Bentonite Clay
This product should be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 1 heaped teaspoon mixed with a small amount of water to form a thin liquid, this can then be poured over your horses feed
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 2 heaped teaspoon mixed with a small amount of water to form a thin liquid, this can then be poured over your horses feed
Note: Do not feed while taking medication or chemical supplements.
When applying externally, Bentonite clay can be used for soaking wounds, as a poultice or to form a protective 'Scab'
Soaking – Apply 1 Tbsp to water and soak for 20 min
Poultice – Mix with water to make a paste and spread thickly. Apply wet paper towel & wrap with plastic to maintain moisture. Clay needs to be moist to work and should be changed daily or as often as necessary to keep it moist.
Scabbing – mix with water and spread lightly over wound.
NOTE: Do not use this product to replace veterinary care – If problems persist, see your local veterinarian.