Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.16 per day
Why Feed Premium Spearmint?
Spearmint is a great supplement as it offers a fresh and natural approach to encouraging fussy feeders and providing digestive support. Spearmint has been used for thousands of years by humans as a health boost, with its sweet aroma & palatable taste, its also much loved by horses who will often seek it out in the field. This herb is also very handy for hiding the taste of medication.
What's in the Bag?
We use 100% pure Spearmint, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Premium Spearmint
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Spearmint, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.