Chaste Tree Berries (Angnus Castus)
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.14 per day
Why Feed Chaste Tree Berries?
Chase Tree Berries provide nutritional support to the pituitary gland & endocrine system that works alongside the body for self regulation. They are usually fed to help with hormonal challenges that your horse may be experiencing. It is great for promoting normal conditions in a female's reproductive system and should be used in 3 out of 4 weeks to ensure the horse doesn't build up a tolerance to it.
We also offer this supplement as a powder
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Pure Chaste Tree Berries (Agnus Castus), nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Chaste Tree Berries
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Do not feed to pregnant or nursing mares. If you are wanting to feed pregnant or nursing mares seek veterinary advice prior to adding to the diet
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Chaste Tree Berries, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.