Cinnamon Powder (True)
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.11 per day
Why Feed True Cinnamon Powder?
True Cinnamon also known as Cinnamomum zeylanicum, can help promote healthy insulin activity making it particularly beneficial to those needing help to maintain normal blood sugar levels. It also works as a digestive calmer helping to reduce flatulence and stabilise loose droppings. Its sweet smell can be used to increase uptake of feed helping to maintain a healthy weight.
What's in the bag
We use True Cinnamon Powder (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed True Cinnamon Powder
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 10g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including True Cinnamon Powder, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.