Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.17 per day
Why Feed Rosehips?
Rosehips contain powerful anti-oxidants that improve joint health & hoof strength, aid circulation. Rosehips are a very rich source of vitamin C, as well as vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavins, niacin and vitamin K. These help to support the immune system particularly useful for horses recovering from injury or illness. These whole rosehips make a great healthy treat and are excellent for clicker training.
What's in the Bag?
We use 100% pure Rosehips, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Rosehips
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed or fed loose during training, but try not to exceed the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Rosehips, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.