Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.83 per day
Why Feed Psyllium Husk?
Psyllium Husk helps support healthy gut movement and function in horses, and is known to soothe bowel discomfort. This supplement is widely used to help clear sand, grit and dirt from the digestive tract, helping to avoid sand colic. Removes toxins, bacteria and undigested material from the gut.
What's in the Bag?
We use 100% Psyllium Husk, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Psyllium Husk
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 50g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 100g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Psyllium Husk, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.