MSM (Methyl sulphonyl methane)
Why feed your Horse MSM?
MSM for horses (Methyl sulphonyl methane) is a natural source of bio-available sulphur found in all animals and some plants. It is an important component of connective tissue playing a particularly important role in hooves, bones, joints and skin. MSM is found in the horse’s natural diet (including grass and trees) but is largely driven off by the processing of hard feed and preserved forage. Therefore, the diet of the stabled horse is likely to be deficient in this most important of nutrients. Feeding Horse Herbs MSM at the recommended rates ensures the correct levels of sulphur are donated to the areas where it’s most needed, such as the soft tissue elements of the joint.
Extensive research shows the following health benefits for MSM:
- Soothes muscles Encourages blood circulation Vital for healthy cells and cell rigidity
- Maintains and supports cartilage, joint flexibility and mobility
- Essential for good immune system and lung function
- Optimises natural recovery time following exercise
- Overall good health and appearance
- Promotes healthy hair and foot growth
- A great tasting powder easily mixed in with feed
How to feed MSM
MSM Can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
Loading Rate - This is how much you should feed when first using the supplement to 'load ' your horses body, this period generally lasts around 7-10 days.
Small Horses - 30g Large Horses - 40g
Standard Rate - This is how much should be used after the 'loading' period has been completed.
Small Horses - 10g Large Horses - 20g
1 enclosed scoop = 10g