Marshmallow Root Cut
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.39 per day
Why Feed Marshmallow Root?
Marshmallow root contains mucilage which can help sooth the digestive and respiratory tracts. It supports bacteria in the intestine and can help to soothe a sore throat & ulcers. Marshmallow Root has the ability to bind and eliminate toxins, allowing the body to cleanse itself easier.
We also offer this supplement as a powder
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Cut Marshmallow Root, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Marshmallow Root
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Marshmallow Root, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.