Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.15 per day
Why Feed Liquorice Root?
Liquorice Root is a great herb for healthy airways as it contains properties that support the expulsion of foreign particles from the respiratory tract , it also soothes the stomach & helps to promote general comfort, great for mild gastric complaints.
Unsuitable for pregnant mares
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Cut Liquorice Root, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Liquorice Root
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed (but we recommend creating a Herbal Infusion) at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Liquorice Root, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.