Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.14 per day
Why Feed Cinnamon Powder?
Cinnamon also known as Cassia can provide digestion & metabolic support, making it a useful supplement for all horses, paired with its sweet smell it can be used to increase uptake of feed helping to maintain/increase weight.
What's in the bag
We use Cinnamon Powder (Cassia), nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Cinnamon Powder
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Cinnamon Powder, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.