Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.17 per day
Why Feed Meadowsweet?
Meadowsweet is soothing on the stomach, helping to maintain normal PH balance, and to help firm-up loose droppings. Meadowsweet can provide comfort for the joints and muscles, helping to keep older, non-competing horses active, and helps to keep the body temperature in a safe and healthy range.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Meadowsweet, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Meadowsweet
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Not suitable for competing horses
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Meadowsweet, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.