Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.15 per day
Large Horses (450kg+) = £0.27 per day
Why Feed your horse Celery Seeds?
Celery Seeds have many different uses, but are commonly fed to horses that require additional joint support. These tiny seeds work as a warming tonic, meaning they are ideal for horses that are tired or have become run down from overwork, excessive transport or exposure to cold. They can also help to support normal liver & kidney function as well as supporting the urinary tract.
Celery Seeds are also used as a calmer, as they help to promote relaxation and help your horse to adjust to new situations/locations.
Please note - Do not feed to pregnant mares
What's in the Bag?
We use 100% Celery Seeds, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Celery Seeds
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 10g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Celery Seeds, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.