Yarrow Flowers & Leaves (Cut)
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.24 per day
Why Feed Yarrow?
Dried Yarrow (Achillea millefollium) can be used as a poultice on wounds or irritated skin to stop bleeding quickly and effectively. When fed it can help stop internal bleeding. Horses love the taste of dried yarrow flowers and leaves, often seeking them out in the field. This dried herb also works well as digestive stimulant and can keep the urinary system healthy.
What's in the bag?
We use Cut Yarrow Flowers & Leaves, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Yarrow
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Yarrow, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.