Willow Bark (Cut)
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.22 per day
Why Feed Willow Bark?
Willow Bark contains natural salicylic acid, it can help to support joint and metabolic problems, as well as improve skin and coat condition. This can be fed in its dried form, we recommend creating an infusion which can be poured over daily feed.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Willow Bark, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Willow Bark
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Willow Bark, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.