Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.34 per day
Why Feed Thyme?
Thyme has anti-spasmodic, antimicrobial & astringent properties. Due to its expectorant action (helps to clear mucus) and antiseptic properties, Thyme is useful for respiratory support, often used to treat coughs. Thyme is also used to help support the digestive system.
What's in the bag?
We use Cut Thyme, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Thyme
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Thyme, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.