Plantain Leaves - Cut
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.33 per day
Why Feed Cut Plantain Leaves?
This fairly common weed is often sought after by horses in the field, due to its flavour and the natural vitamins & minerals it contains. The tannins in plantain leaves have astringent properties, meaning they can help to reduce inflammation whilst also helping to fight infection. It can also help to lubricate & soothe the air passage whilst protecting the internal mucous membrane, helping to relieve coughs & irritation. Plantain leaves also contain a whole host of natural vitamins & minerals that can help with digestive health.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Plantain Leaves, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Plantain Leaves
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 25g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 50g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Plantain Leaves, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.