Passion Flower Powder
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.30 per day
Large Horses (450kg+) = £0.56 per day
Why Feed your horse Passion Flower Powder?
This natural herb has been used to help with sleep problems, anxiety, stress and ADHD for many years, its active compounds are known to have calming and muscle spasm relieving effects. This makes Passion Flower a great option for your nervous or anxious horse. This herb is said to have great long term effects on horses by helping to change their reaction patterns, for example, horses that have had high stress lifestyles (Racehorses) can really benefit from Passion Flower as it helps them to almost reset their reactions to stressful situations.
What's in the Bag?
We use 100% Ground Passion Flower, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Passion Flower
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 10g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Passion Flower, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.