Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.34 per day
Why Feed Hops?
Hops are well known for their ability to calm the central nervous system. They will help horses that are easily distracted, enabling them to concentrate on their training. Hops also help to calm horses that are easily spooked and sensitive, helping horses settle into new surroundings, especially in times of home change.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural hops, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Hops
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 40g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Hops, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.