Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.26 per day
Why Feed Hawthorn Leaves?
Hawthorn Leaves are one of the best herbs to support the capillaries and circulation, it is the perfect cardiovascular tonic. It helps support blood flow and heart rate as well as blood pressure. Hawthorn is high in iron and contains 19 different flavenoids
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Natural Hawthorn Leaves, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Hawthorn Leaves
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 25g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Hawthorn Leaves, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.