Fennel Seeds 2kg
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.13 per day
Why Feed Fennel Seeds?
Fennel Seeds can help horses that are prone to gas. These natural seeds can have a relaxing effect on your horses stomach if they are feeling discomfort or have excess gas. They can also help mares from the last month of pregnancy onwards, to improve the quality & quantity of milk. Most horses love the taste of fennel so they also work as a good appetite stimulator.
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Natural Fennel Seeds, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Fennel Seeds
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 25g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Fennel Seeds, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.