Artichoke Leaves (Cut)
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.23 per day
Why Feed Artichoke Leaves?
Artichoke Leaves can have a beneficial effect on the digestive tract. They can enhance your horses body cell regeneration as well as help liver and kidney function. It also increases the gastric mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract helping to protect the intestines. It is often used to help prevent and treat gastric ulcers. Artichoke Leaves have also been shown to lower the post- meal sugar peaks, which plays a major role in metabolic syndrome prevention and treatment .
What's in the bag?
We use 100% Artichoke Leaves, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Artichoke Leaves
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Artichoke Leaves, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.