Valerian Root 1kg
Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.20 per day
Why Feed Valerian Root?
Valerian root is used to help calm anxiety, nervousness, fear and stress, particularly when it is connected with competition, showing, previous bad treatment, fear of loud noises such as thunderstorms and fireworks, or the introduction of new training. Valerian Root is the ideal supplement for supporting a healthy balanced nervous system.
We also offer this supplement as a powder
What's in the bag?
We use 100% natural Cut Valerian Root, nothing else is added or taken away.
How To Feed Valerian Root
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 10g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 20g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Please note that Valerian Root is an FEI prohibited substance
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Valerian Root, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.