Small Horses (up to 450kg) = £0.20 per day
Why Feed Burdock Root?
Burdock is an excellent aid to digestion and supports liver and kidney function. Burdock can be useful as a tissue cleanser, it supports the tissues in their action of absorbing nutrients and eliminating waste products. It can be useful as a general detox. Due to its detoxing nature, it is best used alongside other herbs such as nettle or cleavers which help with the removal of these toxins. Burdock root helps to maintain healthy skin and is good for dry scurfy skin. Burdock it is a bitter and can encourage appetite.
What's in the bag?
Composition - 100% Pure Burdock Root
How To Feed Burdock Root
This product can be mixed with your horses daily feed at the following amounts:
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 25g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Feeding as an Infusion
Many herbs, including Burdock Root, can be fed as an Infusion, this helps the active ingredients become more readily available and more easily absorbed by your horse.
- Put the daily required amount of herbs in a bucket (quantities stated above)
- Add 1/2 pint (300ml) of boiling water to the herbs, mix and then allow to cool
- When cooled, the whole infusion (including the herbs) can be used to dampen down your horses feed.
If you don't have access to a kettle you can just soak your herbs overnight and this will also help your horse absorb the natural vitamins, minerals & active ingredients.